Thursday, January 27, 2011

Internship...The Final Week



3. How might you continue your internship experiences beyond the scope of the HTHMA internship? What ideas, skills, connections and so on will you bring back to the rest of your life? Will you continue working with your internship beyond January of 2011?

One skill that I have now that I will bring back to my life and future jobs is the ability to anticipate and foresee what your boss will ask you to do. You can quickly and easily get a feel for what you boss likes and wants and you can work ahead and impress you boss. I also have a couple of connections that I was fortunate enough to gain from my internship. My mentor has a psychologist, Katie working with her and she introduced me to her and I worked with her a little. Katie also works at a company called CARES and my mentor has set me up to go in and see what they do. CARES is a company that works with Autistic kids and psychology. I am interested in psychology so I thought that was really neat and I appreciate it a lot. Another connection I will be able to bring back/use is my mentors connection with Stanford. She is friends with some people at Stanford and is going to give them my information and talk to them about me. I thought that was really neat and I am excited about it. I do plan on working with my internship after school starts again. They asked me to stay on with them and help them with a few more things that I wont be able to do by Friday
and just to help them whenever they need my help after that. I was really happy and excited when they asked me to say and told me they like me and what I was doing for them. They told me that what I was doing was helping the company a lot and I was stoked to hear that.

No comments:

Post a Comment