Friday, January 14, 2011

Internship Week 2 Blog 1

Descibe a technical/skill challenge you faced that affects your ability to complete your project...


This past week, I have been working on the SEEDS website. I have been making it look more professional, adding pictures and making sure there are no typos. The pictures I had to add were from pdfs and they had writing next to them. The first technical/skill challenge I encountered was that I didnt know how to take the text out of the picture without photoshop (a program that SEEDS doesnt have). I had to use Publisher (which I didnt know how to use before two days ago) to cover up to words. The next technical.skill challenge I came across was that I didnt know how to change a document in publisher to a jpeg. This was a problem becasue the only way I could get that picture that I just spent so much time and energy on onto the website was if it was a jpeg. After a lot of research and playing with it, i figured out how to change it to a jpeg and get it on the website. I am now an expert on publisher and jpegs!!! and taught it to my mentor and office manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment